Ear diseases can cause significant suffering and are very common. Hearing loss can have a profound affect on children’s educational development and achievement.
We have specialists who can assess your child’s hearing and ensure that timely and appropriate treatment is given. Ear infections can range from annoying to life threatening, early treatment can prevent damage to hearing and balance or the development of complications. Dizziness and Tinnitus can have a significant affect on your quality of life that, our consultants are renowned experts in the field and offer detailed diagnosis and up to date treatment.
Conditions we treat and operations we perform
The following are some of the conditions we treat and operations that we perform. Many have links to our national organisation (ENT-UK) website, you can visit for further information.
- Conditions and surgery of the ear
- Hearing and deafness
- Hearing aid – diagnosis and advice
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Infections of the ear – Outer ear infections (otitis externa)
- Infections of the ear – Middle ear infections (otitis media)
- Glue ear
- Perforated ear drum (repair of perforated eardrum – myringoplasty/tympanoplasty)
- Cholesteatoma/mastoid operations (including Canal wall up tympanoplasty)
- Laser ear surgery
- Menière’s disease
- Protruding ears/bat ears/pinnaplasty
- Cochlear implantation
- Bone Anchored Hearing Aids
Jenny was suffering from blocked and itchy ears. She bought some drops from the pharmacist to help clear wax. She used these regularly for 2 weeks, but felt no better. Her hearing deteriorated and she developed some discomfort. She was worried as she had a holiday booked and was terrified that she may not be able to fly.